Topical event BioCAM – Additive Manufacturing Applied to Bioceramics organized conjointly by BCRC and ECerS in Mons, Belgium, from 6th to 8th December 2023
Bio ceramic additive manufacturing is a revolution in the personalized treatment of various pathologies, particularly in the regeneration of various anatomical parts of the human body such as dental, maxilofacial, skeletal or cranioplastic.
Given the growing interest in these topics, we are pleased to invite you to the first international Workshop dedicated to ceramic additive manufacturing for biomedical applications. Jointly organized by the Belgian Ceramic Research Centre (BCRC) and the European Ceramic Society (ECerS), with the support of the EMC (Additive Manufacturing) and Bioceramics ECerS Networks and of the JECS Trust, the Workshop will be held in Mons on 6th and 7th December 2023. The event will combine invited presentations by renowned international researchers with significant contribution in the field from different countries and an open call for papers.
The Workshop will be followed on 8th December by a one-day MasterClass during which international experts will share their experience of different additive technologies (Robocasting, Pellet Additive Manufacturing, Powder Bed Processes, Stereolithography) through theoretical lectures and practical applications on the BCRC equipment.
Located in the heart of Wallonia and close to the French border, in Mons, BCRC is a major research center in Belgium, particularly in the field of materials science. The conference will be an opportunity to strengthen the links and collaborations between researchers, clinicians and industrialists but also to inspire a new generation of scientists on this topic of major societal importance.
The Internationally renowned Invited Speakers that will present during the Workshop are:
- Bikramjit Basu from Indian Institute of Sciences, Bengalore, India
- Marc Bohner from RMS Foundation, Bettlar, Switzerland
- Jérôme Chevalier from INSA – Mateis, Lyon, France
- Eamonn De Barra from Bernal Institute, Limerick, Ireland
- Hamada Elsayed from University of Padova, Padova, Italy
- Martijn van Griensven from University of Maastricht, Merln, The Netherlands
- France Lambert from CHU – Liège, Liege, Belgium
- Anne Leriche from Ceramaths, Valenciennes – Maubeuge, France
- Paola Palmero from Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
- Andrea Zocca from BAM, Berlin, Germany
The Internationally renowned Scientist for the MasterClass will be :
- Helio Jorge from CTSV, Coimbra, Portugal;
- David Grossin from CIRIMAT – University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France;
- Laurent Gremillard from INSA – Mateis, Lyon, France;
- Paola Palmero from Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy;
with the support of the researchers from the BCRC for the equipment demonstrations.
We look forward to welcoming you in December 2023!
For more information and registrations : https://ecers.org/en/ec/biocam-additive-manufacturing-applied-to-bioceramics