Through its research and technology monitoring activities and its integration into international networks, the BCRC, as approved Research Centre, is a scientific major player in the field of inorganic and non-metallic materials
. It has adequate infrastructure and equipments for its missions for which issues range from the most prospective to the most concrete with near-market applications.
The research activity of the BCRC is carried out in order to meet the needs and the expectations of the industries from the ceramic, glass and refractory sectors
in the broader sense (productors, users and integrators). It mainly aims at:
- create, initiate, implement and / or support research projects underlying industrial innovation in companies of these sectors;
- therefore bear some of the risk related to the establishment of processes and / or emerging materials;
- anticipate sectors changes and future technological needs of companies;
- develop tools and methodology allowing to effectively respond to current and future industrial needs;
- maintain and strengthen the scientific and technical expertise gained internally.
About thirty R&D projects
, whose a portion is financed by public foundings, were carried out simultaneously
by ours teams in 2013.
or by phone at +32 65 40 34 35